See Iceland’s Northern Lights… in London!
We think immersive dining is great. It’s an incredible way to make lasting memories.
In the same way that Secret Cinema turned movie watching into an interactive adventure, Michelin-starred restaurant Texture is bringing some of the tastes, textures, sights and sounds of Iceland to London this October.
Their Sense-ation Dinner Series: An Icelandic Adventure is taking place on 1st, 8th and 15th October and features:
- An intimate private dining room with a maximum of 16 guests
- A five course tasting menu including:
- welcome cocktail made from Brennivin (Icelandic aquavit)
- traditional Icelandic food such as langoustines and reindeer
- wine pairings from Chef Patron, Agnar Sverrisson
- The dining room will be transformed into an Icelandic landscape. That means:
- a live moss wall
- a Blue Lagoon filled water feature (no, we don’t know what that means either!)
- sheepskin covered chairs
- an Icelandic forest of trees and plants
- The ceiling will display its own real-time Northern Lights during the dinner while the sounds of the Icelandic countryside play out in the background.
The tickets are priced at £300 (US$400, AUS$520) per head, including paired wines.
So that’s a LOT of money. But since it’ll stimulate all the senses, it’s sure to give everyone who goes a very memorable experience.
What do you think of immersive dining experiences? Have you been to one? What was it? Where was it? What did you think of it? Tell us and we’ll feature it on the website. We want to create a list of the world’s greatest experience dinners. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.